Wednesday, September 20, 2006

...And nobody lost an eye!

But someone picked up extra stitches (10!) making a scarf, but we won't talk about it. After all, it was the yarn, not the six Coors light! But I digress...

Last Friday, I hung out with drunken knitters (because, you know, sober knitters are WAAAAY too normal!). When I told a certain redhead, he said "Someone's gonna lose an eye." No eyes or other body parts were lost, but fun was had! And I have 2 pictures to prove it.

Here is one of Sophie's super-neat skeleton, chillaxing in a sock designed and made by rocketbride. Look for it (hopefully, fingers crossed) in a knitty near you (if she can find a suitable photographer).NOTE: Sock pattern does not include skeleton.

Here is another awesome pic. Yours truly forgot her tape measure (and this is before the drinking started!) and I had to borrow one. Sophie's tape measure came with a few extras...

There's an arm-warmer and a few other objects I can't identify. Oh, and if you look closely, you can actually see the tape measure.

Good times, good times. I think I'll do it again next month!

6 comments:

kokopuff said...

Hi - I usually make the Drunken Knitten night but missed it this month -- hopefully will meet you at either the Meetup (just joined) or the Dick night soon!

Diane said...

Hi Nadia,

I found your blog via T.O. SnB discussion board. I find keeping a blog up to date takes time and committment. Keep on knitting and good luck with the blogging!

jacquieblackman said...

Ha! I love that you can just barely read Sophie's t-shirt. Ok, only Latin scholars can actually "read" her shirt. But I find it funny. I think that photo captured the evening quite nicely.

Sophia said...

Ouch. And cringe. And perhaps hee, as well.

Hope you do make it out next month!

Mel said...

fab photos...now I can see them even clearer than on your phone at Wednesdays meetup.

That skeleton one is classic :)

Sandi Purl said...

turns out that by the end of the weekend the extra stitches had reached a count of 30(!!!) said knitter has put down that bad bad mohair! and begun another project which is coming along splendidly (she might add!) good to hang with you Nadia!